Thursday, January 31, 2013




That voice is loud inside my head.
I struggle so much with myself when running, it's such a mental thing for me it's not even funny. I tell myself I can't do it, I'm too slow, why don't you stop and rest, etc. I repeat mantras in my head over and over- "I run this body", "I am in control of myself", I can do all things through him". It is still such a struggle sometimes for me. I think that is why I like it so much though, I like overcoming that little voice that is telling me I suck and I love seeing my progression.

I know I can do, and I have accepted I will have bad runs. I think that's the first step, right? :p
Every run counts and every mile I go counts, even though my runs are only 3-4 miles right now. I'm getting out there and I am bettering my running, I am TRYING.

I am excited for the pretty spring weather coming up, I have signed up for a 5k in February, and I am going to do the Cherry Blossom 10k in March. I also have some races I am going to sign up for in April and May! And I believe it is March when the Disney Marathon registration opens, I can't wait to register! I am doing something crazier than I have ever done in my life, I am going to do the goofy challenge at Disney with my stepdad. My mom is going to do the marathon so it will be a family affair-exciting!

For those of you that dont't know, the goofy challenge is aptly named, only crazy goofy people do it! Runners will complete the half marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday. I know it is crazy insane of me to do, being a new runner, but I know I can do it! It will be an experiance and I can't wait, I am excited because I am usually such a "safe" person this is way out of my comfort zone but that's what makes it so cool! I just can't wait already and I am only running about 4 miles right now, haha.

Sorry I rambled on! Later!
xxx,
Regan


"For when I am weak, then I am strong.." 2 Corinthians 12:10

No comments:

Post a Comment