Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bright colors make me happy! : )

The weather has been so wonderful the past couple of days, Monday I had another great day running, 2 great running days in a row-I was so surprised! And by great I mean I didn't hurt much at all, and I really pushed through and overall just felt good! I am really finding my "stride", as cheesy as that sounds. I am so excited at the progress I am making, it is really showing.

Tonight's weather was amazing, it was about 73-ish outside and sunny, it felt like a spring day. I started out not feeling so good, I kept telling myself it was going to be a sucky run. The devil lets the negative thoughts enter my mind, but thank God mom was there to remind me that this was not going to be a sucky run, and that at least I was out there making progress. Every mile counts. Finally the fog in my mind lifted and I knew that even if it hurt, which tonight it did hurt, that I could push through. You have to be stronger than the thoughts in your mind, I talked to God a lot and I knew I could do it.

It was only 3 miles, and at what most people would consider a snails pace, but I pushed through and just ran. I zoned out, looked at the sky, listened to my favorite running music Lecrae, and just ran. It was that simple, but sometimes we tend to make things in our life overly complicated. We can get through anything in our life with God's help. The marathon in January will be the hardest thing I have ever done, the journey leading up to it not any easier, but God will be with me the whole way, and for that I am greatful.

Later!
xxx,
Regan

"Running is the greatest metaphor of life, because you get out of it what you put into it." Oprah W.

No comments:

Post a Comment