Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hello!!

I cannot wait to tell you about my week! So you know my grand plan of rocking our new run on Monday?? Well, we opted to go to a local running specialty shoe store instead, as it was raining and we aren't crazy about the treadmill. As you know, I have been having some major shoe issues so this was ok with me. 

Turns out the shoes I was running in, my Brooks Glycerins, weren't the right shoe for me. They had too much cushion on the heel and various other things. It was a shoe they fit me in originally but its ok, everyone's feet aren't identical! 

They got several new pairs for me to try on; several pairs of Brooks and a pair of Newton Momentums. I had heard great things about Newtons(not that Brooks aren't great! : p) so I went for those first and fell in love! I ended up leaving with a new pair of Newtons and also scored a pair of Zensah hot pink compression socks thanks to my stepdad! 

Pic I snagged from my Instagram 

How do I like my new shoes? I LOVE them!!!!!! I am seriously so excited. Me and mom did our new run today and I rocked it! I am insanely happy with these shoes, I am now a firm believer that the right shoe can make all of the difference in the world. I had ZERO leg pain, other than the usual calf soreness, muscles working, etc. and was literally smiling on the way back! I am so proud of myself and so thankful for the guys at Run Fit for hooking me up with an awesome pair of shoes!! All of the glory goes to God though for giving us a gorgeous day and allowing me to run! 

Did I mention the hills on our run were beasts?? Well they were! A picture doesn't do it justice!

A beautiful day and a pain free run= a very happy me! 


Can you tell my spirits are lifted?! I can't wait to run again! 

Later!
Regan 





1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that the right shoes make ALL the diff! I didn't really enjoy running until I found my Brooks Pureflo shoes. I've been wanting to try Newtons, plus I love the colors! Yay for a great run!!

    ReplyDelete