Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Determination.

That's all I've got for you. That is the only reason I can think of that I keep running. Tonight me and mom got in 3.2, and to be honest it seemed awful. Yes, I ran the whole program and didn't stop any and even ran the whole mile back, only stopping once allowing myself 10 seconds, but it still seemed awful. 

I hurt every step of the way, and I am not even sure how I kept going. Only by God's grace was I able to keep going. I was moving at a snail's pace, but hey, I was running. I honestly just wanted to cry, and on our  last mile we ran back, I almost did allow myself to cry. 

I kept thinking over and over how am I ever going to do a marathon, why am I doing this, I am so slow, etc. But the more I thought about it afterwards, my spirits lifted. I just ran 90% of 3.2 miles; while that may not seem like much to some people, I was lapping everyone on the couch. I have to step back and realize how far I have come since October. Mom reminded me tonight that at the beginning I was exhausted at the very thought of only running 1 minute, and now I can accomplish about 85% of 4 miles on our longer day. Thoughts like that help me push through and I realize that I CAN and I AM going to do this! 

I read this quote earlier this week and I knew it had a special meaning for me; today I kept thinking it after our run:

"You don't need to strive to please the world. You're already amazing in the eyes of God and He loves you unconditionally." 

Amen : )
xxx,
Regan 

No comments:

Post a Comment