Monday, February 25, 2013


Sunday I was going to run, but decided instead to take a little hike with Markus at a local college near my house. It was a gorgeous day out!

I thought more and more about the 5k that was on Saturday. I realized how I did not practice what I have been preaching at all. I gave up very quickly because my mind was telling me to. I am not proud of how quickly I quit trying. I guess I can say that it was a lesson and a prime example that I should push through what my brain is telling me and not to listen to those demons telling me that I can't do it. There are lessons in everything and here is a great one for me. I can push through, I am not going to give into those thoughts anymore.


Me and Markus on our hike : )

So all in all maybe flopping my 5k was something I needed, in a weird way. Maybe it was a mental hump I needed to get over as a runner, yes, I call myself a runner. I am planning to redeem myself today when me and mom run. Our training schedule goes up to run 5 minutes and walk 1 minute seven times, and I plan to rock it.  I ate well today and have had plenty of water so we will see what happens. My new shoes should be in this week and I can't wait to try them out!

Until next time!
Regan

2 comments: