Monday, February 18, 2013


Hello!!

I have been super busy lately. Last week at work was very busy and in between all of that Valentine's day was Thursday, and yes, I chose to spend it with my hunny instead of running. I managed to get in a small run on Saturday, I was excited to try out my new watch Markus got me for Valentine's day. I was totally not expecting him to get it for me, he's sweet like that. He is very understanding and supportive of my running, and I am very thankful for that. 

Me and mom got in a 4 mile run today, I did good, but I just felt ok, not good. I feel like I am having some issues with my shoes, I am not 100% sure though. I manage through the pain I have every time I run, but if another pair of shoes will help manage the pain that I will go that route. I run in Brooks Glycerin 10 right now and I feel like my feet are constantly sliding and when I tighten the laces to stop the sliding I am constantly battling my feet going to sleep. I get shin splints, I guess that's what you would call them, almost everytime I run, and they just last when I run. I always have a new pain or ache it seems like, I know I have not been running that long but I don't think every single run should be like that. Or maybe it will be something I have to just continue pushing through. 

But I decided to order another pair of Brooks, that were actually on sale for a really good price. I ordered the Brooks Pure Cadence shoes, I read tons of reviews on them and decided to give it a try. So, they should be in some time later this week for me to try out, I'm excited to see if they help my issues any. In the meantime I am going to keep pushing through because it is what I do everytime and I know that I can make it through my minor pains. I know that there are people out there that would love to be able to run; thoughts like that help me get through. 

I also have a 5k this weekend so I am excited about that! Sorry for the lengthy post! : ))

I just love my new watch!! 

Later!
Regan




1 comment:

  1. Good luck with finding the right shoe. It is tough when you have to order online. But love my Garmin too, it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete